The same problem of most of English learners is Grammar. There are too many sentence structures, tenses, verbs, nouns and so on that make you confused when learning English. Grammar is a big source of boring rules that you think you can not remember everything. Therefore, this writing will show you how to learn English and help you get the love with English back.
1. Learning English and the rule
In linguistics, grammar is identified as a system of language. It is described Grammar as some rules in language.
Actually, that statement is not entirely true because there is no rule language.
Why can I say that? Because the rule is something that people set and then popular and use it as a game or competition. However, it is different in a language. It starts since people pronounced (make a sound for fellows) and then connect these sounds into words, phrases, and sentences.
In other words, the language began when there was no rule. They are not fixed and always changes over time by time. The problem that we call grammar is the reflection of language at the concrete time.
Do we need to learn grammar to speak English?
My answer is no!
There are millions of people going aboard to study, work and live and they can use English as the second language without learning grammar. The native children can speak( communication) even before they know the existence of grammar.
However, if you want to start learning a language step by step, I would like to say that grammar will help you learn English faster and more efficiently.
The important thing is we should consider grammar as an advantageous tool which can be a good friend supporting us in the learning process. Once you can get a grammar( or understand the language system) you can easily learn English by yourself, you do not need to go to English class or center anymore.
Therefore, let’s start thinking about the concept of grammar in a positive way. Let’s consider grammar as a map showing the way for you, and you can use it in your way.
How to learn grammar effectively ?
It is said that grammar is hard, boring with dull rules and you difficulty remember and easily forget. I will show you some tips to learning English Grammar:
– Learn Rules: it seems to be the hardest way to learning a language, but I think you can do that.
For example: learn about how a simple tense creates and how can we use it.
– Take it into practice: This is the best way to take what you learned into your memory. You can use that to a real situation and turn it into a real conversation. Besides, if there is no one with you, you can create a short conversation by yourself with 4, five sentences. Then, thinking about some funny situation to practice until you remember.
– Do not forget there are a lot of exceptions in English grammar. Therefore, when you meet them, you need to note carefully and use your way as long as you remember them.
For example The rule for not using the article “the” in front of the name of the nation, but you must use it with the United States, the United Kingdom.
– Always practice: It is easy for you to forget the structures if you do not practice every day. Therefore, do not be lazy, use what you learned every day to make sure you do not forget anything.
For example: When you learn irregular verbs, you can take a goal that you will make five sentences for five irregular verbs.
In reality, there are many situations that you can apply these effective way to learn English grammar rule. Do not let grammar become your abstract. What are you waiting? Let’s discover English with us!