The installation of a vegetable garden or the maintenance of a garden does not necessarily necessitate a very important material but it is preferable to choose well its gardening tools and to make sure that they are adapted to the different tasks to which you The destinies. So take the time to choose your tools according to the size of your garden and the work you will carry out.
– Shears: This tool is part of the scissors family. Several criteria are to consider when choosing your pair of shears. To cut soft wood or young shoots, choose a straight blade. The corrugated blade is better suited for cutting harder branches, or for cutting more irregular hedges.
Note: Handle lining is important for good grip.
– The log saw: This tool is composed of an electric motor or a thermal motor which drives a circular blade of a greater or lesser diameter. This set is called the cutting group. The latter is mounted on a tilting arm which is actuated manually.
Note: For logging, the logs are placed on an easel equipped with an adjustable stop according to the chosen cutting width. Besides, you can use gas powered pole saw for the best result.
– The cutter: Otherwise called a branch cutter, it is ideal for cutting branches of large diameter and presents itself as a large pruning shears with long arms equipped with handles.
Note: There are telescopic cutters with an extendable handle that can be oriented.
– The scraper: Ideal for cutting hard wood or green wood, the scraper is a real telescopic cutter. It can be blades with an open cut or anvil, or with a swivel head for more maneuverability.
– The ax: It is an auxiliary tool that is mainly used for cutting wood. The ax is made of a metal or steel blade, connected to a hardwood handle.
Note: It is advisable to choose a double-curved ax handle to hold the ax firmly. The handle should always be the length of your arm.
TOOLS FOR YOUR SELLER
– The spreader: The function of this device is to sow or distribute the fertilizers. Whatever the type of spreader, the principle is always the same: seeds or fertilizer balls are placed in a tank at the bottom of which a device disperses them regularly on the surface of the ground. It generally has a cylinder and a dispersion wheel, and is mounted on castors for simple use.
– The rake: A traditional rake consists of a long handle at the end of which is fixed an iron work head equipped with straight or curved teeth. The straight tooth tool lets you level the soil by making it more loose, while the curved tooth model is more suitable for moving gravel.
Note: To collect the leaves, prefer a rake of the “fan” type, because its head formed of several long and thin branches makes it possible to trap the dead leaves and to defoct large surfaces.
– The scarifier: It is a manual, electric or thermal device equipped with a toothed scarifier roller, with claws or with sharp knives. Scarifier means lacerating the plant layer that forms on the surface of the lawn to promote its good growth.
The manual model is reserved for small gardens, because it consists of a work head mounted on wheels and operated with a single handle. The electric and thermal models have the appearance of a mower and have a real working comfort in the grip. They allow the maintenance of large spaces.
Note: Beware of the proximity of an electrical outlet for the electric model.
– Fake: It is a tool composed of a handle, two handles, a blade and an assembly ring. The handle can be made of steel or wood with fixed or adjustable handles. The blades can be short to cut hard stems (brush, brambles, thistles …) or long to cut tender stems (grass and other grasses …)
– Thermal weeder: All models operate according to the same principle. They heat the weed to more than 90 ° and proceed to its elimination while preserving the environment. The weeder may be a direct flame, operating with a gas bottle. It makes it possible to heat the plant without burning it. The thermal model projects water at more than 90 ° in the form of steam or jet. The infrared model uses infrared radiation to produce heat.