The National Hunting Office (ONC) continues to work at all levels to prevent the European Union approved an amendment of the European Directive on Weapons that may adversely affect the hunting sector.
To this end, in addition to the work developed by the Conservation Federation of Europe (FACE) Hunting and they are being carried out direct action. So, last week representatives of the National Association of the gun, as a member of the ONC and representation of the FSA – moved to Brussels to hold meetings in the European Parliament with Spanish MEPs committee IMCO, involved in amending the proposal of the European Commission on amending Directive Arms.
Safety tips for using a gun. Do not have a false sense of security to be armed!
1. As a carrier and using a firearm, you have the legal and moral responsibility to use it only under the conditions established by law, and therefore it is your duty to know those parameters. Remember that ignorance of the law is not a defense to liability.
2. If you carry a firearm for defense, must be aware of the immense responsibility that this fact entails; know the law on the use of firearms, taking courses defense with firearms, have action plans that involve your partner, relatives companions, it is part of that responsibility.
3. Being armed is to be always alert. If you are caught and subdued by a felon and discovers his weapon, there is a high possibility of being shot. Remember, you have armed a real and imminent threat to the criminal. You can only use his weapon if he can foresee the situation.
4. If circumstances force him to draw his weapon, do it decisively, seek cover and keep away their attackers; with this determined attitude rarely you have to shoot. In almost all, if the criminal turns his back and goes, let it go. You solved your problem.
5. This is critical because we know that even in the case of self-defense exercise this fact will lead to at least one pre-trial detention and confiscation of weapon involved in the incident.
6. Take a course on the proper handling of firearms and include your family to share that knowledge. They are higher by accidental shooting incidents untrained persons.
7. If you decide to carry a gun, always wear it up in a proper case, even when traveling in your car; do not store it in the glove box or between his legs and the seat or under the seat. A firearm will only be useful if it is at your fingertips.
8. Do not flaunt his weapon and prevent unknown people know that you are armed. Do not meddle in enforcement actions, let the police do its work. A situation where you are not aware of the participants nor the motives may be deceptive, and you can take sides on the wrong side.
9. His weapon is not a charm. Do not have a false sense of security to be armed. While it is true that a firearm may represent a solution and also has a great deterrent power, it is also true that a gun, in inexpert hands, can increase a problem. Stay alerted, see the possibility of the occurrence of a problem and help it is better than unsheathe and shoot.
10. Keep in mind that in a shoot anyone – including you and yours – can be injured or killed, so more important than killing an aggressor is not to give a shot you or yours.
José Elise Chilean expert, adds the following tips:
1. Have the approval of specialists in psychology.
2. Having had serious training in the use of a particular weapon to bear.
3. Bring the gun in the best belly band holster that has security not fall into any sudden movement or difficult it is, but that does not hinder her out with one hand.
4. Remove the gun only to shoot, never to threaten.
5. In the melee shot, fire as if to shake hands with the enemy, if the weapon is a fist. With long arms do not allow the enemy to approach.
6. distance shots using both hands and a position of equilibrium.
7. Trigger pointing as his suspicion of the attack.
8. Before leaving verify that the ammunition is in its life and that the weapon is in perfect condition cleaning and maintenance.